Maurice R. Kassimir
Mr. Kassimir was previously associated with a major New York City law firm and the tax department of Coopers & Lybrand.
Mr. Kassimir graduated summa cum laude from the State University of New York at Albany in 1977, with a Bachelor of Science degree in Accounting. He then received his Juris Doctor with distinction, from Hofstra University’s School of Law (1980), and his Master of Law degree in Taxation from the New York University School of Law (1983).
Mr. Kassimir is a member of the Estate Planning Council of the City of New York. He is also an author on sophisticated tax planning strategies, including minimum distribution planning out of qualified plans and IRA’s. His article entitled “The Revocable-Irrevocable Life Insurance Trust“, published in the CPA Journal (August 2002), discusses the benefits of using second-to-die life insurance in a profit sharing plan. Mr. Kassimir is a frequent lecturer for New York banks, life insurance companies and professional organizations on sophisticated estate planning strategies and succession planning for closely held business owners. His clients generally consist of high net worth individuals, closely held business owners and executives of private and public companies.
- New York, 1980
- New York University School of Law, New York, New York, 1983
Master of Law
- Hofstra University School of Law, Hempstead, New York, 1980
Honors: With Distinction
- State University of New York at Albany, 1977
Bachelor of Science
Honors: Summa Cum Laude
- The Revocable-Irrevocable Life Insurance Trust, CPA Journal, August, 2002
- Author on Sophisticated Tax Planning Strategies
- High Net Worth Individuals
- Closely Held Business Owners
- Executives of Private and Public Companies
- Lectured on Sophisticated Estate Planning Strategies and Succession Planning for Closely Held Business Owners, New York Banks
- Lectured on Sophisticated Estate Planning Strategies and Succession Planning for Closely Held Business Owners, Life Insurance Companies
- Lectured on Sophisticated Estate Planning Strategies and Succession Planning for Closely Held Business Owners, Professional Organizations
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Estate Planning Council of the City of New York
Past Employment Positions
- Coopers & Lybrand